1. Treat your home sale like the business transaction it is and work to keep your emotional reactions in check. Few things can spoil a deal faster then strong emotional responses.
2. Make it easy for REALTORS to view your home with their buyers by allowing a wide range of viewing times. Restricting showings availability will keep many buyers away.
3. When ever you leave your home (for work, groceries, meals, etc) assume that a buyer will be visiting while you are out. This way your home will always be in top showing condition.
4. Since real estate often involves time-sensitive negotiations, you must be easily accessible at all times. If you're not going to be reachable through normal means ( for example, you are going on a short trip), it is vital you let your sales professional know.
5. Be generous with appliance and chattels you include in your home sale to create additional inducement for buyers to make a great offer.
6. While it is not always important to upgrade your home before selling it is critical to fix any defects and damages immediately. Buyers will remember the faults of an otherwise great home.
7. Depersonalize your home. This is all about neutralizing or removing your personal taste from the house, encouraging buyers to mentally see themselves moving in.
8. Your home should be kept as spotless as possible for the duration of your listing. It can be a lot of work but it pays when an offer comes.
9. Get your house paperwork in order to answer buyers questions about surveys, age of furnace and roof, repair dates, and renovation permits.
10. Whenever possible, no one should be at your home during buyer showings and open houses. Make an advanced plan where you and your family will go when a showing is booked.
11. Do not flood your house with strong perfume smells. Many buyers may assume that the perfume is masking a problem. Additionally, some buyers may have allergies to strong scents and thus cannot tour your home.
12. Pets can pose a significant challenge when selling a home. Ideally cats, dogs, and other roaming animals should be removed from the home during all showings.
13. Your Kasby Real Estate Group professional is always on your side. We have your best interest in mind at all time and will place them above all else. Put your trust in us and we will get the job done for you!