Utah County City Celebrations for June '19
Eagle Mountain City
Pony Express Days: May 24-June 1
In addition to a yearly city celebration, Eagle Mountain holds concerts and movies in the park throughout the summer season. (Get more details here.) Beginning Memorial Day weekend and running into the first week of June, Eagle Mountain’s Pony Express Days are far more than a city celebration. Some highlights include:
- Three nights of rodeo events, running Friday, May 24; Saturday, May 25; and Monday, May 27, at the Pony Express Memorial Park Arena.
- A demolition derby on Saturday, June 1, followed by a free rock concert featuring cover band Salt Rock City and fireworks at Wride Memorial Park.
- A carnival at Wride Memorial Park running Thursday, May 30, to Saturday, June 1. One-day tickets can be purchased at City Hall for $20 or at the event for $25.
- A motorcycle adventure ride and campout from Friday, May 31, to Saturday, June 1.
- A free pancake dinner Tuesday, May 28, a movie in the park Wednesday, May 29, and the city parade that begins at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 1.
To learn more about these and other exciting Pony Express Days activities, visit eaglemountaincity.com.
Vineyard Heritage Celebration: May 30-June 1, 2019
Vineyard Heritage Celebration manages to pack a lot of excitement into three fun-filled days. With a carnival, pioneer-era activities, a huge fireworks display, and headline performers, here are some of the don’t-miss activities:
- A golf tournament at Sleepy Ridge Golf Course to kick off events on Wednesday, May 29.
- A multi-day carnival with vendors, games, and more and a family-friendly outdoor movie at Vineyard Grove Park.
- Live entertainment and a firework display to wrap up celebrations on Saturday, June 1, at Vineyard Grove Park.
- Pioneer-era activities, a 5K race, council breakfast, basketball tournament, headline performers, and many more exciting activities, which will also be held at Vineyard Grove Park.
Springville Art City Days: June 1-8, 2019
Featuring a motorcycle show and duct tape regatta, the Springville Art City Days puts a few exciting twists on city celebrations. Here are some interesting events to watch out for:
- On Saturday, June 1, events kick off with a rodeo at the Springville Arena with the preshow starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Beginning Monday, June 3, a citywide Eye Spy Photo Hunt and Medallion Treasure Hunt will begin followed by an outdoor showing of Ralph Breaks the Internet at the Arts Park beginning at dusk.
- From Wednesday, June 5, to Saturday, June 8, you’ll be able to find something for everyone in the family with food vendors, boutiques, and a carnival at the city civic center.
- Two parades with a children’s parade on Friday, June 7, beginning at 10 a.m. at Grant School and a grand parade on Saturday, June 8, beginning at 10 a.m. at Buckley Ave and 400 South.
- A hot air balloon festival that includes free donuts and face painting on Friday, June 7, and Saturday, June 8, from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
- Live entertainment beginning with a Battle of the Bands on Thursday, June 6, and local entertainment Friday, June 7, and Saturday, June 8, at the Civic Center Park. In addition, The Long Run, an Eagles tribute band, will perform Saturday, June 8, at the Spring Acres Arts Park starting at 8 p.m. with fireworks to follow.
For more details, visit springville.org/art-city-days.
Family Festival: June 3-8, 2019
Cedar Hills’ Family Festival kicks off with a family swim night on June 3 and continues to have daily activities your whole family with love. Some highlights include:
- A family swim night on Monday, June 3, at the Pleasant Grove Veterans Memorial Pool from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- An Amazing Race through Cedar Hills on Tuesday, June 4, starting at 6 p.m. and a food truck rally at Heritage Park from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- A free car show on Wednesday, June 5, at Heritage Park from 6 to 8:45 p.m.
- An outdoor adventure night complete with bounce houses, foam pits, jousting, games, vendors, dinner, and more at Heritage Park on Friday, June 7, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, June 8, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- A city parade beginning at 10 a.m. near 4600 West and ending at Cedar Hills Drive on Saturday, June 8, along with a fireman’s water cannon, buried treasure, games, and a baking contest at Heritage Park.
- Fireworks at 10 p.m. on Saturday, June 8, in Mesquite Park.
For more information about Cedar Hills’ Family Festival 2019, visit cedarhills.org.
Orem Summerfest: June 10-15, 2019
Orem’s Summerfest features fireworks and everything you love about a city celebration along with a few fun surprises, like a helicopter show. Here are just a few highlights from this jam-packed week of fun events:
- A Summerfest kick-off party at the Orchard at University Place with free snow cones, games, and popular storyteller Antonio Sacre. The fun begins at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 10.
- A Summerfest pool party Tuesday, June 11, with free ice cream and 50 percent admission to the Scera Pool starting at 6 p.m.
- A car show at Scera Park on Wednesday, June 12, at 6 p.m. as well as a helicopter show on June 14 and 15.
- Thursday, June 13, is chalked full of fun family events including a scales and tales demonstration, hot dog and pie eating contests, kids crafts, and a family carnival running from noon until 10 p.m.
- The grand parade will begin at 7 p.m. on Saturday, June 15, ending just in time for fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
- Friday, June 14, and Saturday, June 15, will be full days of live entertainment, food, and boutiques from noon until 10 p.m.
For more details about these fun events, visit summerfest.orem.org.
Saratoga Springs City
Splash Days: June 10-15, 2019
Featuring everything from magicians to concerts and fireworks, Saratoga Springs’ Splash Days are a great way to begin the summer. Here are a few highlights you won’t want to miss this year:
- Magician Lance Nielsen will be entertaining families on Tuesday, June 11, at 6 p.m. followed by a Wild Wonders Animal Show.
- The Splash Bash water party will be held Wednesday, June 12, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Sunrise Meadows Park.
- A city carnival will begin Wednesday, June 12, and run through Saturday, June 15, at Neptune Park. Residents can purchase wristbands from the library prior to the event.
- Thursday, June 13, get ready for some Jedi fun as families enjoy a picnic in Neptune Park followed by a costume contest and outdoor movie night of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A free concert in the park featuring The Party Crashers on Friday, June 14, at 8p.m. at Neptune Park followed by fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- A parade Saturday, June 15, at 10 a.m. that will run from 800 West to Thunder Blvd. The parade will be followed by food trucks, a car show, and a battle of the bands beginning at noon. The winners of the competition will perform at 7 p.m.
For more details, visit saratogaspringscity.com.
Pleasant Grove City
Strawberry Days: June 15-22, 2019
Touted as the longest running celebration in Utah, Strawberry Days boasts a rodeo, parade, fun family activities, and their famous strawberries and cream. Here are a few things you’ll want to keep an eye on this year:
- Three concerts in the park that include a free strawberries and cream for everyone who comes. The concerts will be held Sunday, June 16, at 7:30 p.m. at the city rec center; Tuesday, June 18, at 7 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Park; and Sunday, June 23, at 7 p.m. at the rec center.
- On Monday, June 17, everyone in your family is invited to a free swim at the Veterans Memorial Pool from 1:30 to 8 p.m.
- A family carnival at Downtown Park that runs Wednesday, June 19, to Saturday, June 22, and will feature games, booths, food, rides, and other fun activities.
- The Strawberry Days Rodeo that runs Wednesday, June 19, to Saturday, June 22, and features everything from mutton busting to bunking broncos and bull rides.
- Beginning Friday, June 21, and continuing through the weekend, the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers will be sharing stories and giving tours of the Old Bell School, original log cabins, and more pioneer sites in Pleasant Grove from 1 to 5 p.m.
- The Strawberry Days parade will be held on Saturday, June 22, at 10 a.m. The route will start at Pleasant Grove High School and travel down Main Street toward Center Street.
For more details about these and other events, visit strawberrydays.org.
Elk Ridge City
Elk Ridge City Celebration: June 21-22
Over two jam-packed days, Elk Ridge City celebrates together every year with a free parade, Mayor’s dinner, car show, youth night, carnival, craft fair, and movie in the park. While many of the dates and times for this year’s event have not been announced, check the city’s website for updates and more information.
Lehi Round-Up: June 22-29, 2019
Kicking off with a 5K/10K run on June 22, Lehi’s Round-Up week starts with a high-intensity event and keeps it going from there. Here are some events from this city celebration you’ll want to put on your calendar:
- A princess and superhero party at the Lehi Legacy Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 22.
- Arts in the Park on Sunday, June 23 and June 30, at Wines Park featuring Acoustic Echo and The Fields.
- Half-price swim day at Legacy Center on Monday, June 24, from 1 to 8:50 p.m. and a comedy night at Skyridge High School at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25.
- A family BBQ followed by entertainment at Wines Park on Wednesday, June 26, and a movie at 9 p.m. that night at the Vets Ball Park.
- A rodeo opening Thursday, June 27, and running through Saturday, June 29, at the Lehi Rodeo Grounds with a family dirt dance immediately following the last night of rodeo events.
- A breakfast in Wines Park on Saturday, June 29, from 7 to 10 a.m. followed by a grand parade beginning at Wines Park and ending at Lehi High School.
For more details about Lehi Round-Up events,